Clinics focus on beginner and intermediate players
Multiple clinics for ages 6-17
Low student/teacher ratio
Spring clinics between March-May before/after school
Summer morning clinics
Fall clinics August-October before/after school
Tyson’s Cup intramural tennis versus other clubs
Additional practices for those playing Tysons Cup matches that week
Before & After Clinics Return March 21st. Up to 5 days per week. Each week is $50 per child. This year will are also providing a Mon-Wed-Fri and Tues-Thurs option. See instructions below on how to register and pay using Mantua Bucks. Complete schedule to the right.
New Clinics Begin Every Monday and Tuesday. Registration is open for all clinics scheduled through June 10th.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. When does registration begin? Registration will open March 14th.
2. How much does it cost? $50 per child per week. However, this year you may sign up for 3 days per week for $30 or 2 days per week for $20.
3. How do I register for any of the weeks? Registration link will open each Monday, allowing you to register for classes up to 15 days in advance. On Monday, March 14th you will be able to register for clinics starting March 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th.
4. How do I know which class is right for my child? Typically, 8 and under players play with red balls on a smaller court; 9-10 year-olds play with orange balls on a slightly smaller court; 11-12 year-olds play with green dot balls; and 13 and older play with yellow balls. However, as kids gain more experience, they may choose to “move up” at an earlier age.
Registration Instructions. Click on the Tennis Ball icon at the top right of the page (or click here)…in the drop down menu, click the Monday and/or Tuesday for the start date of the clinic you want to register (if you are on the Tennis Calendar view, click View Date) …click Sign Up for the clinic you want…select Sign up someone other than myself…select the appropriate child(ren)…finish by hitting the blue Sign Up button.
- If your child(ren) are not listed, it is likely that you have yet to complete the Initial Household Setup with your account… please visit the Initial Household Setup page for instructions
- Check your Mantua Bucks balance and current registrations on the Member Dashboard
Mantua Bucks can be used on various club classes, clinics, and events.
Junior Tennis participates in a summer Tyson’s Cup league with other area clubs such as Chesterbrook, Poplar Heights, and McLean. Tyson’s Cup matches are basically intramural matches between other clubs. All Tyson’s Cup matches are played on either Tuesdays or Thursdays between 3:30pm to approximately 6:00pm. Age divisions include 8 & Under (8U), 10U, 12U, 14U, and 18U. Each division has a number of singles and doubles matches. Matches are played at both clubs with 8s/10s/18s at one club and 12s/14s at the other club.
Anyone on the Mantua team can register for each match. A limited number of matches are played so it’s possible that everyone who registered may not play. The Tennis Pro will use player availability when determining the lineups. It’s very important that you provide your child(ren)’s availability to play. The Tennis Pro will send match lineups the Friday before the following week’s matches. For those selected to play in a Tyson’s Cup match, a Tyson’s Cup practice will occur on Monday or Wednesday afternoon to focus on match play and strategy. Monday and Wednesday Tyson’s Cup practices are only for those chosen to play in the next Tyson’s Cup match.
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!